Dr. Scott Turner
The University of Northampton
Tel: 3028 or 01604 893028
- Genetic Algorithms and Neural Network Applications
- Signal Progressing
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- Hill G, Turner S (2014) Chapter
5: Electronic Online Marking of Software Assignments",
Progress in IS: Software Engineering Education for a Global E-service
Economy, Motta, Gianmario; Bing, Wu (Eds.), Springer, ISBN
978-3-319-04216-9, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-04217-6_5
- Hill G. J.
S. (2014) "Problems First, Second & Third", International Journal
of Quality Assurance in Engineering and Technology Education (IJQAETE),
IGI Global, USA, Volume 3 Issue 2 (in press).
- Sinclair J, Allen A, Davis L, Goodchild
T, Messenger J, Turner S (2014) "Enhancing student employability
skills through partnership working in STEM outreach; the University of
Northampton approach " HEA STEM Annual Teaching and Learning Conference
2013: Enhancing the STEM Student Journey, University of Edinburgh, 30th
April-1st May 2014
- Turner S (2014) "Greenfoot in Problem solving
and Artificial Intelligence" CEISEE 2014 University of Electronic
Science and Technology of China, Chengdu China 24-25 April 2014.
S, Mirhadizadeh S, Picton P, Salamaliki-Simpson R, Turner
Modelling, simulation and experimental validation
of nonlinear dynamic interactions in an aramid rope system
ICOVP Lisbon, Portugal 9-12 September 2013
Shwail SH, Karim A, Turner S.(2013):
Probabilistic Multi Robot Path Planning in Dynamic Environments: A
Comparison between A* and DFS. International Journal of Computer
November 2013. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, USA
Turner S (2013)
Junkbots – it is not one thing! Engage 2013 27-28th September 2013
Hill G and Turner S (2013)
Electronic Online Marking
Of Software Assignments
CEISIE 2013 13th -14th May 2013 Milan
Turner S (2013) Junkbots
HEA STEM: Annual Learning and Teaching Conference 2013: Where
practice and pedagogy meet
17 Apr 2013 - 18 Apr 2013
Al-Khalil AB, Al-Sherbaz A, Turner S (2013)
Enhancing the Physical Layer in V2V Communication Using OFDM –
14th Annual PostGraduate Symposium on The Convergence of
Telecommunications, Networking and Broadcasting (PGNET
2013) in Liverpool 24-25th June 2013.
Turner, S (2012)
Case Studies in Web
Turner, S., Sneddon, S. and
Crouch, A. (2012)
Enhancing the Learner Experience in Higher Education. 4(1),
pp. 1-2. 2041-3122.
Turner, S. and Al-Sherbaz,
What's the problem with problem-solving? Seminar Presentation presented
into the future of learning and teaching at Northampton, University of
Northampton, 3rd December 2012.
Kariyawasam K., A., Turner
S., Hill G. (2012)
"Is it Visual? The importance of a Problem
Solving Module within a Computing course",
Computer Education, Volume 10, Issue 166, May 2012, pp. 5-7, ISSN:
Hill G., Turner S. (2012)
"Referencing within Code in Software Engineering Education!", Computer
Education, Volume 10, Issue 166, May 2012, pp. 1-4, ISSN: 1672-5913.
- Turner S (2011) "Enhancing
the Sustainability of the East Midlands Knowledge Network: final Report "
accessed on: 6/12/2011.
- Turner S (2011) Neural Nets Robotics Workshop. Bot Shop! University of
Derby, 28th October 2011.
- Hill G, Turner S (2011) Chapter 7 Problems First Software Industry-Oriented Education Practices and Curriculum Development: Experiences and Lessons edited by Drs. Matthew Hussey, Xiaofei Xu and Bing Wu. ISBN: 978-1609607975 IGI Global June 2011
- Hill, G, Svennevik E, Turner S (2011) "Green Computer Science Courses. No more labs full of computers, we're going mobile!" The 7th China - Europe International Symposium on Software Industry Oriented Education (CEISIE 2011), University of Northampton 23-24th May 2011
- Turner S (2011) "Junkbots" The 7th China - Europe International Symposium on Software Industry Oriented Education (CEISIE 2011), University of Northampton 23-24th May 2011
- McGovern K, Mothersole P, Turner S (2011) "Influencing students' construction of personalised concept maps through the use of query expansion (QE) searching of the World Wide Web" Learning Global, University of Northampton 11th May 2011
- Kariyawasam K and Turner (2011) "Is it Visual? problem solving evaluation" Learning Global,University of Northampton 11th May 2011
- Goodchild T, Dravid R, Turner S (2011) "Mind the Gender Gap - Reflections on addressing gender diversity in Computing and Engineering" Learning Global,University of Northampton 11th May 2011
- Wang, Y., Picton, P., Turner, S. and Attenburrow, G (2011) The Subjective Measurement of Leather Handle by Descriptive Sensory Analysis, Journal of the American Leather Chemists Association, Apr 2011 pp 134-139
- Wang, Y., Picton, P., Turner, S. and Attenburrow, G (2011) Predicting Leather Handle like an Expert Artificial Neural Networks, Applied Artificial Intelligence, Volume 25, Issue 2 February 2011 , pages 180 - 192 ISSN: 0883-9514 DOI:10.1080/08839514.2011.545218 pp 180-192.
- Zhao F, Turner S, Hill G, Dravid R, Zhang Y (2010) A Virtual Environment Training System for Haptic Laparoscopic Surgery 16th International Conference on Automation and Computing, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK, 11 September 2010
- Turner S and Hill G (2010) "Innovative use of Robots and Graphical Programming in Software Education" Computer Education Ser. 117 No. 9 pp 54-57 ISSN: 1672-5913
- Turner S (2010) "PowerPoint is just the start" Learning Dialogues: Learning and Teaching Conference, University of Northampton 13th May 2010
- Turner S (2010) "Initial Experience of using Audio Feedback" Learning Dialogues: Learning and Teaching Conference, University of Northampton 13th May 2010
- Turner S(2009) " PowerPoint, but what else?"10th Higher Education Academy-ICS Conference, University of Kent, 24-27th August 2009, pp 151 ISBN 978-0-9559676-6-5
- Turner S (2009)"Initial experience of using audio feedback for general assignment feedback" A Word In Your Ear 2009 Sheffield Hallam University, 18 December 2009 pg 12
- Turner S, Hill G, Adams J (2009) "Robots in problem solving in programming" 9th 1-day Teaching of Programming Workshop, University of Bath, 6th April 2009.
- Turner S (2009) "Tiddlywikis for student developed resources" Transitions: Teaching and Learning Conference 13th May 2009 University of Northampton.
- Turner S and Hill G(2008) "Robotics within the Teaching of Problem-Solving" ITALICS vol. 7 No. 1 June 2008 pp 108-119 ISSN 1473-7507
- Turner S (2008) "TiddlyWikis for Student Developed Resources" 9th Higher Education Academy-ICS Annual Conference, Liverpool Hope University, 26th August - 28th August 2008. pp. 192 ISBN 978-0-9559676-0-3.
- Turner S and Adams J (2008) "Robots and Problem Solving" 9th Higher Education Academy-ICS Annual Conference, Liverpool Hope University, 26th August - 28th August 2008. pp. 14 ISBN 978-0-9559676-0-3.
- Minai, A, Turner S, and Hill. G (2008) "Motivational Differences in Learning Internet Programming Between Arts and Computing Students" 9th Higher Education Academy-ICS Annual Conference, Liverpool Hope University, 26th August - 28th August 2008. pp. 197 ISBN 978-0-9559676-0-3.
- Adams, J. and Turner, S., (2008) Problem Solving and Creativity for Undergraduate Computing and Engineering students: the use of robots as a development tool Creating Contemporary Student Learning Environments 2008, Northampton, UK.
- Adams, J. and Turner, S., (2008) Problem Solving and Creativity for Undergraduate Engineers: process or product? International Conference on Innovation, Good Practice and Research in Engineering Education 2008, Loughborough, UK.
- Adams, J., Turner, S., Kaczmarczyk, S., Picton, P. and Demian, P.,(2008). Problem Solving and Creativity for Undergraduate Engineers: findings of an action research project involving robots International Conference on Engineering Education ICEE 2008, Budapest, Hungary.
- Turner S and Hill G(2007) Robots in Problem-Solving and Programming 8th Annual Conference of the Subject Centre for Information and Computer Sciences, University of Southampton, 28th - 30th August 2007, pp 82-85 ISBN 0-978-0-9552005-7-1
Wang, Y., Picton, P, Turner, S. and Attenburrow, G.,(2007) A Neural Network Approach to Investment the Objective and Subjective Measurements of Leather Handle, in Proceedings of the AI-METH, 2007: p. 241-246.
- Turner S (2007) Developing problem-solving teaching material based upon Microsoft Robotics Studio. 8th Annual Conference of the Subject Centre for Information and Computer Sciences, University of Southampton, 28th - 30th August 2007 pp 151 ISBN 0-978-0-9552005-7-1
- Turner S (2007) Developing problem-solving teaching materials based upon Microsoft Robotics Studio. Innovative Teaching Development Fund Dissemination Day 1st March 2007 Microsoft:London
- Salamaliki-Simpson, R., Kaczmarczyk, S., Picton, P., Turner, S(2006), The Vibration Study of Non-Linear Interactions in a Moving Elevator Car-Suspension Rope System. Proceedings of the Symposium on the Mechanics of Slender Structure (MoSS 2006), 28 - 29 September 2006, Northampton , Paper #10, CD-ROM.
- Salamaliki-Simpson R, Kaczmarczyk S, Picton P, Turner S (2006) Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Modern Practice in Stress and Vibrational Analysis, Bath U.K
- Salamaliki-Simpson R, Kaczmarczyk S, Picton P, Turner S (2006) Non-Linear Modal Interactions in a Suspension Rope System with Time-Varying Length Journal of Applied Mechanics and Materials Vol. 5-6 pp 217-224 ISSN 1660-9336
- Turner S and Hill G (2006) The Inclusion Of Robots Within The Teaching Of Problemsolving: Preliminary Results Proceedings of 7th Annual Conference of the ICS HE Academy Trinity College, Dublin, 29th - 31st August 2006 Proceedings pg 241-242 ISBN 0-9552005-3-9
- Prince K, Campbell J, Picton P, Turner S (2005) A computational model of Acute Pain International Journal of Simulation: Systems, Science and Technology Vol. 6 No. 9 pp 1-10 ISSN 1473-8031.
- Prince K, Campbell J, Picton P, Turner S (2005) A computational model simulating how pain modulation can occur through transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) International Conference on Computer Science & Information Systems Athens, Greece, June 15-18, 2005
- Salamaliki-Simpson, R., Kaczmarczyk, S., Picton, P., Turner, S.(2005) The Dynamics and Vibration of an Elevator Car- Suspension Rope System. Proceedings of the Twelfth International Congress on Sound and Vibration, Lisbon, Portugal, 11-14 July 2005, Paper 303, CD-ROM, pp. 1-8.
- McIntyre M and Turner S (2004) Learning to Teach at a Distance International Conference on Engineering Education Gainesville, 16-21 October 2004
- Prince K, Campbell J, Picton P, Turner S (2004) A Model of acute Pain Magdeburg, Germany, 13-16 June 2004
- Terumichi Y, Kaczmarczyk S, Turner S, Yoshizawa M, Ostachowicz W (2003) Modelling, Simulation and Analysis Techniques in the Prediction of Non-stationary Vibration Response of Hoist Ropes in Lift Systems Proc. 5th International Conference on Modern Practice in Stress and Vibration Analysis September University of Glasgow, UK, 9-14 September 2003 pp 497-504
- Turner SJ, Picton PD, Campbell JA (2003) Extraction of short-latency evoked potentials using a combination of wavelets and evolutionary algorithms Medical Engineering and Physics June Vol. 25 pp. 407-412.
- Terumichi Y, Kaczmarczyk S, Turner S, Yoshizawa M, Ostachowicz W (2003) Modelling, Simulation and Analysis Techniques in the Prediction of Non-stationary Vibration Response of Hoist Ropes in Lift Systems Materials Science Forums Vol. 440-441 pp 497-504
- Turner SJ, Triastuti E, Crockett RGM, Picton PD, Crockett AC (2002) Intelligent Techniques for Detecting Estimated and Falsified Numerical Data Proc. 6th Conference of the Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI'2002) Orlando, Florida USA, July 14-18 2002 pp. 445-450, IIIS, Eds. Callaos N, Leng T, Sanchez B, ISBN 980-07-8150-1.
- Crockett RGM, Crockett AC and Turner SJ (2001) 'Base-Number Correlation': a new technique for investigating digit preference and data heaping. Journal of History and Computing Vol. 13 No 2 pg 161-180 ISSN 0957-0144
- Picton PD, Campbell JA, Turner SJ (2001) Modelling Chronic Pain: An Initial Survey 8th International Conference on Neural Information Processing Shanghai, China.
- Turner SJ, Crockett RM, Picton PD, Triastuti E (2001) Genetic Algorithms for Simulating Counting Behaviour 19th Biennial Conference on Numerical Analysis Dundee.
- Turner SJ, Picton PD, Campbell JA (2000) Use of Evolutionary Algorithms to Enhance the Extraction of Short Latency Evoked Potentials 4th Conference of the Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics (SCI'2000) Orlando, July 23-26 pp. 641-643.
- Turner SJ, Picton PD, Campbell JA (1999) Selecting Filter Banks to Enhance Evoked Potentials Recordings Using Evolutionary Algorithms Eds. Poli R, Voigt HM, Cagnoli S, Corne D, Smith GD, Fogarty TC Evolutionary Image Analysis, Signal; Processing and Telecommunications May Lecture Notes Springer -Verlang 1596 pp 101-110.
- Campbell JA, Turner S, Picton P (1999) Filter selection for evoked potentials using genetic algorithm techniques Eds. Moglia A, Zappoli F, Sirabella G Atti del VII Meeting Invernale di Scienze Neurologiche 8-12 February pp 15-25.
- Turner S, Campbell J, Picton P (1997) Improved Signal to noise ratio in somatosensory Evoked potentials 3rd Annual National Conference of the IPEM 2-4 September, Dundee pp.161.
- Abel EW, Forster A, Farrow TL, Turner S (1994) Cepstral Analysis of the EMG Interference Pattern Extending the Spectrum: IPSM & BES 1st Joint Annual Scientific Conference 14-16 September, University of Keele pp. 159.
Editorial Board Membership
In Microdata form
Senior Lecturer University of Northampton
Copyright University of Northampton